On-Call Relief Staff
|October 09, 2013 - December 31, 2013|
|Location:||Eugene and Springfield, OR|
|Salary Range:||$11.50-$11.66/hour DOE|
|Benefits:||See benefits page|
|Description:|| On-Call Relief employees will cover all unplanned absences, emergency staffing needs and open shifts.|
On-Call Relief employees will be guaranteed 30 hours of pay per week.
We will establish a 5 calendar day per week schedule. On-Call Relief employees will be required to be available to work at any time in a 24 hour period and must be able to work up to 16 hours in the 24 hour period.
Potential schedule may look like: Wednesday-Sunday with Monday and Tuesday off.
On-Call Relief employees will be required to arrive on shift within 2 hours of being contacted to fill a shift. Example: If you are called at 1:30am to fill a shift you must arrive on shift no later than 3:30am.
|Duties:||Direct support professionals (DSP'S) provide support to individuals with disabilities to assist them to reach their highest level of independence. DSP's will promote an environment where teaching occurs at all times. DSP'S assists the people we support in developing fun and rewarding life opportunities and help them build meaningful relationships within their communities.|
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Support individuals as needed in daily living activities such as personal and health management, communication, self-advocacy, achieving personal and educational goals, meal planning and preparation, shopping, housekeeping, laundry, basic home maintenance and safety, community involvement, home management, financial management and decision making.
• Utilize feedback from individuals, team members, friends,and family to develop Individual Support Plans using the Oregon ISP Process.
• Work with team members to implement Individual Support Plans as approved by the individual’s ISP Team.
• Support individuals as needed in developing friendships and establishing desired relationships with peers.
• Maintain a balance between hath and safety and the persons choices.
• Assist in maintaining records of medical and dental treatments.
• Administer medication to individuals requiring such support.
• Attend all team meetings and trainings as required.
• Transport individuals in company vehicles as required.
• Job requirements may include assisting residents with gait support, although absolutely no lifting of residents is allowed.
• Job requirements may include to lifting items up to 25lbs.
•Advocate for the rights of the individuals we support.
• Prepare required and requested reports. Must write daily logs on the supports provided.
• Report suspected neglect or abuse to Lane County Developmental Disability Services per the OAR requirements.
• Communicate professionally with contacts.
• Exhibit clear, consistent emotional and professional boundaries and an ability to communicate assertively.
• Follow the support plans/documents for each person supported.
• Train and welcome new staff into the homes.
• Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License, and be insurable by the agency’s carrier (must be 21yrs/older to be insured by our agency).
• Must obtain and maintain (with agency assistance)
certification in CPR, First Aid, and Oregon Intervention Systems (OIS).
• Must meet employment requirements listed in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs)
• Must pass a Criminal Records Background Check performed by the Department of Human Services.
•Must pass a drug test.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.