Direct Support Professional - General Relief
|January 08, 2015 - April 15, 2015|
|Salary Range:||$10.50 - $10.66/DOE|
|Benefits:||See Benefits Page|
|Description:||Do you want to make a difference in a person's life with meaningful, rewarding and hands on work? If so, come join the Alvord Taylor team of Direct Support Professionals! Our #1 priority is the people we support.|
This is a recruitment for relief staff. We are seeking staff who WANT to support people with challenging behavior and/or high medical needs.
**Please be aware that we communicate with applicants via email.**
**Incomplete applications will not be accepted.**
|Duties:||Direct support professionals provide support to individuals with disabilities to assist them to reach their highest level of independence. DSP's will promote an environment where teaching occurs at all times. DSP's assists the people we support in developing fun and rewarding life opportunities and help them build meaningful relationships within their communities.|
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Support individuals as needed in daily living activities such as personal and health management, communication, self-advocacy, achieving personal and educational goals, meal planning and preparation, shopping, housekeeping, laundry, basic home maintenance and safety, community involvement, home management, financial management and decision making.
• Utilize feedback from individuals, team members, friends,and family to develop Individual Support Plans using the Oregon ISP Process.
• Work with team members to implement Individual Support Plans as approved by the individual’s ISP Team.
• Support individuals as needed in developing friendships and establishing desired relationships with peers.
• Maintain a balance between hath and safety and the persons choices.
• Assist in maintaining records of medical and dental treatments.
• Administer medication to individuals requiring such support.
• Attend all team meetings and training as required.
• Transport individuals in company vehicles as required.
• Job requirements may include assisting residents with gait support, although absolutely no lifting of residents is allowed.
• Job requirements may include to lifting items up to 25 lbs.
•Advocate for the rights of the individuals we support.
• Prepare required and requested reports. Must write daily logs on the supports provided.
• Report suspected neglect or abuse to Lane County Developmental Disability Services per the OAR requirements.
• Communicate professionally with contacts.
• Exhibit clear, consistent emotional and professional boundaries and an ability to communicate assertively.
• Follow the support plans/documents for each person supported.
• Train and welcome new staff into the homes.
|Qualifications:||• High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred.|
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License, and be insurable by the agency’s carrier (must be 19 yrs. or older to be insured by our agency). If you do not have a valid ODL, you are only eligible for overnight positions or relief pool.
• Must obtain and maintain, with agency assistance, certification in CPR, First Aid, and Oregon Intervention Systems (OIS)
• Must meet employment requirements listed in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs)
• Must pass a Criminal Records Background Check performed by the Department of Human Services